Allegro: The needed support to optimize power operations
Energy companies need comprehensive software solutions to gain visibility and to accurately report on historical usage, potential future usage and actual volumes of commercial and industrial electricity. At the same time, power utilities have to be able to deal with changes in regulations and within the energy market itself.
Are You Ready for the New Age Energy Markets?
Gain insight on how to overcome the top challenges for utilities, IPPs and traders
by downloading "New Age Energy Markets," a report sponsored by Allegro.
The Benefits of Allegro
Power Utilities Trading
With Allegro, power traders will get a number of benefits, including:
- – Ability to capture trades with unique fields such as Control Area, Blocks and ISO participant information
- -Management of positions throughout the life cycle (trade, forecast, plan, tag, loss, schedule and actuals)
- – Ability to handle derivatives and CRR congestion instruments
- – Flexibility in capturing complex pricing, price formulas and curves
Power Utilities Logistics and Operations
For logistics teams at the utility, the benefits of turning to Allegro include:
- – Support for the European power scheduling processes, including balancing between grids
- – Load shapes, counterparty checkout, actualization, pool balancing, direct and indirect bookouts
- – Ability to create user-defined power products, such as energy, capacity and ancillaries
Power Utilities Risk Management
For risk managers at power utilities, the benefits of incorporating Allegro include:
- – Risk management and valuation data, including integrated credit, market and operations risk
- – Accurate, efficient and comprehensive tracking of physical and financial positions
- – Mark-to-market calculations providing the total value of a portfolio
- – Comparisons against correlated value-at-risk limits for rolling time periods
Power Utilities Accounting and Compliance
For accounting and compliance personnel, Allegro has benefits such as:
- – Streamlined and automated regulatory reporting
- – Tracking of the complete compliance business process, including reporting status with a comprehensive audit trail
- – Assurance of complete and accurate settlement data
- – Ability to access data for regulatory compliance reporting, such as FERC Electric Quarterly Report
Built for Power Utilities
Clearly, electricity is an integral part of life all around the world. It's indispensable to factories, offices, small business and homes. A lack of electricity causes not only inconvenience, but also potentially significant economic losses. Quite simply, it's essential that electricity is guaranteed to be up and running.
With Allegro, electric power utilities can support their front, middle and back offices. From securing inputs for the plant all the way to electricity delivery and accounting management, Allegro's software is the integrated, innovative and adaptable commodity risk management solution for the utility operations of both today and tomorrow.
Allegro has been serving commodity customers since 1984. We know what our customers need in order to be more efficient. That's why we deliver the leading system, a system that's flexible and extensible. Allegro can be deployed on-site or as a cloud-based installation, and it can be extended as needed without having to wait on a full upgrade cycle. In short, Allegro is the solution utilities need, and the benefits will be evident throughout the organization once it's put to use. So talk to us today about how Allegro can work for you.
"In the Allegro platform, we have found an innovative, sophisticated and adaptable system to meet our needs in the power trading market. Operational agility and risk management are of significant importance for Tokyo Gas and key to sustaining our competitive advantage. We're confident that, as our requirements change, Allegro will be capable of changing with us and extending our system as needed."
"[With] the legacy system we had prior to Allegro, we could not manage all our commodity risk properly. Our emissions and renewables portfolio was in spreadsheets, and a lot of the gas activities was not as detailed as what we have today from a logistics standpoint. We had probably 8 to 10 small, little applications around the core risk management system, and it wasn’t sufficient."
"We are confident that with [Allegro], we can cover our current needs, but will also have the flexibility to extend our business into other areas in the mid to long term future.”