A competitive advantage on every transaction
Even today, too many crude oil marketers use spreadsheets or patchwork systems to run their desks. Unfortunately, that approach can have a negative impact on the bottom line - potentially every day. The simple fact is that commodity companies often could be doing more to maximize the productivity and profitability of their marketing teams.
Trading & Risk Management Software: Buy or Build?
While you might be thinking about developing your own software for commodity management in-house,
you have to consider whether doing so makes the most sense. A report from Allegro, "Build vs. Buy,"
explains how a CTRM system may be the right decision instead.
The Benefits of Allegro
Crude Oil Marketing
Allegro makes many tasks easier, including those related to crude oil marketing. Benefits of Allegro include:
- – Automation of the labor-intensive tasks associated with handling logistical movements and actualizing those movements, in addition to automating blending and settlements
- – Greater accuracy and reduced resource requirements
- – Modern, market-ready platform meant to improve gross margins
Crude Oil Marketing Logistics and Operations
Allegro enables increased efficiency when managing physical movements. Benefits of the software include:
- – Workflow automation, which provides schedulers with advanced decision-support tools
- – Volumetric, product quality, shipment status, cost and location data
- – Once receipts and deliveries are matched, mileage or zone-based logistics costs will be forecast based on ticket volumes
Crude Oil Marketing Risk Management
Mitigating risk becomes much more efficient with Allegro. Some of the benefits of the platform include:
- – Automated retrieval of credit information to help manage counterparty credit risk for current and future exposures
- – Counterparty margining, scoring and credit limit management
- – Accurate and timely valuation of positions
- – More up-to-date visibility into positions
- – Insight into exposure and P&Ls
Crude Oil Marketing Accounting and Compliance
For accounting and compliance departments, Allegro offers benefits such as:
- – The ability to calculate a wide range of complex prices and fees
- – Generation of accurate pre-settlement statements
- – A structured approval process for settlements
- – Automated revision process for prior period adjustments
- – Validity checks, including matching key fields, and flagging of records with potential actualization or settlement issues
Built for Crude Oil Marketing
Crude oil marketers have to match supply and demand, get the best price possible and manage imbalances. Allegro is the way to achieve this and more. Marketers will find that, as the requirements of their business shift, Allegro's ability to be customized and extended will keep them from getting left behind amid constantly changing markets. Oil marketing professionals are increasingly challenged to find better ways to manage their portfolios and reduce costs, and Allegro's CTRM software is the system to choose, for the simplest deals, as well as the most complicated.
Plus, because Allegro understands that many parts of commodity organizations are intertwined, our solution is meant to benefit the entire company. As a result, customers will find that Allegro's CTRM solution has been constructed the right way, seamlessly connecting marketers with middle and back office teams. So talk to us today about what we can do for your business and your commodity risk management requirements.
"We needed a centralized ETRM system to manage our energy trading business, and we selected the Allegro platform because we found it innovative, sophisticated and adaptable to our trading and risk management needs. We strongly believe that Allegro's technology will help us achieve better portfolio, trade life cycle and risk management, which are ultimately our business goals."
"Before Allegro, we operated primarily on spreadsheets. Using Allegro has really helped us to highlight and pinpoint certain areas where we can do better, for example, credit exposure. If I could describe Allegro, I would say it's scalable and innovative. It moves with our business."
"In the Allegro platform, we have found an innovative, sophisticated and adaptable system to meet our needs in the power trading market. Operational agility and risk management are of significant importance for Tokyo Gas and key to sustaining our competitive advantage. We're confident that, as our requirements change, Allegro will be capable of changing with us and extending our system as needed."