Allegro: The solution for retail natural gas operations
Managing supply and demand is a critical aspect of the retail gas market, and in order to optimize processes, companies need the appropriate tools to improve decision-making and gain complete visibility across the enterprise. That's what Allegro's commodity trading and risk management platform provides.
Are You Ready for the New Age Energy Markets?
Gain insight on how to overcome the top challenges for utilities, IPPs and traders
by downloading "New Age Energy Markets," a report sponsored by Allegro.
The Benefits of Allegro
Natural Gas Utilities Trading
For traders, the Allegro platform provides enhanced ways to find opportunities in the market and to act on them quickly. Among the benefits are:
- – Detailed position management, including visibility into pricing moves
- – Integration with trading platforms, increasing productivity
- – Efficient and accurate trade capture of physical and financial transactions
- – Increased visibility into your business to enable better decisions
Natural Gas Utilities Logistics and Operations
Allegro comes with the built-in capabilities to help logistics and operations teams by offering benefits such as:
- – Analysis of data and information throughout the position life cycle
- – Usage management for easy capture of historical and actual retail gas usage
- – Ability to ensure a shipper’s authorization to transport gas to the end user
- – Generation and tracking of storage plans to automatically adjust and account for Maximum Daily Quantities, storage ratchets and capacity release
- – Built-in confirmation reports to confirm third-party nominations with mainline pipeline nominations
Natural Gas Utilities Risk Management
Allegro offers an array of benefits for risk management professionals, including:
- – Risk management and valuation data, including integrated credit, market and operations risk
- – Accurate, efficient and comprehensive tracking of physical and financial positions
- – Mark-to-market and value-at-risk calculation capabilities
- – Profit-and-loss reports showing total value of positions
Natural Gas Utilities Accounting and Compliance
For accounting and compliance personnel, Allegro can help in assuring business processes are running as they should. Among the benefits are:
- – Reduction in financial losses due to inaccurate settlement statements
- – Support for reporting requirements, such as those of the Financial Accounting Standards Board, including ASC 820, and Sarbanes-Oxley
- – Control, accuracy, timeliness and security that senior management requires to certify financial reports with confidence
- – Tracking of the complete compliance business process, including reporting status with a comprehensive audit trail
Built for Natural Gas Utilities
Natural gas utilities employing Allegro will find that its capabilities take the business to a new level of efficiency. Allegro provides Local Distribution Companies (LDCs) and municipalities with the capability to capture and manage meter- and pool-level data for residential, commercial and industrial customers. With Allegro, users can collect detailed consumption data, which in turn enables these customers to improve their forecasting.
However, Allegro's strengths don't stop there. While our solution is designed for extraordinary flexibility right out of the box, it can also be extended as needed, making for an even more powerful platform. Plus, Allegro can be installed on-site or in the cloud, depending on a customer's preference.
Our commodity risk management software has been developed by experienced professionals who know the commodities market and what makes it run. For gas utilities, Allegro provides the ability drill down into the data, allowing for complete position visibility. Once it's installed, natural gas customers will see multiple benefits, across the organization. Talk to us today, and we'll get you started.
"[With] the legacy system we had prior to Allegro, we could not manage all our commodity risk properly. Our emissions and renewables portfolio was in spreadsheets, and a lot of the gas activities was not as detailed as what we have today from a logistics standpoint. We had probably 8 to 10 small, little applications around the core risk management system, and it wasn’t sufficient."
"Before Allegro, we operated primarily on spreadsheets. Using Allegro has really helped us to highlight and pinpoint certain areas where we can do better, for example, credit exposure. If I could describe Allegro, I would say it's scalable and innovative. It moves with our business."
"The flexibility of the solution provided by Allegro and the potential for our IT development team to enhance it to suit evolving demands and supplement other business-critical in-house developments made Allegro the right choice for us. Allegro's proven track record, plus the advanced technology, provides us with an effective transaction management system. Considering our ambitions to expand our European footprint, this solution provides us with a strong systemic foundation to further grow our business."