A complex business requires modern, adaptable CTRM software
With the volatility in crude oil and natural gas prices, plus the demands surrounding exploration, feedstock-procurement and distribution, it's clear the world's integrated oil and gas companies have to manage tremendous commodity risk and complexity across their upstream, midstream and downstream operations. Each day, they deal with an extraordinary amount of data, and they face the logistical challenges of moving products from production to market, while simultaneously attempting to reduce operational costs.
They have options for how to oversee it all, but what's the best approach?
The Hidden Risk of Spreadsheets
Are spreadsheets best for risk management? Perhaps not always. A report from Allegro,
"The Hidden Risk of Spreadsheets," explains how CTRM software could be right for your business.
The Benefits of Allegro
Integrated Crude Oil & Natural Gas Trading
With Allegro software, crude oil and natural gas traders will see a number of benefits, including:
- – Increased visibility into transactions
- – In-depth analysis of various data sets
- – Capture and confirmation of all trades
- – Full trade-to-cash tracking for accurate P&L reporting
- – Trade strategy analysis with market data
- – Integration with exchanges and exchange trading
Integrated Oil & Gas Logistics and Operations
For the logistics side of the integrated oil and gas business, Allegro offers benefits such as:
- – Handling of logistics for all the major modes of transportation, including pipeline, rail, truck, barge and vessel
- – Uploading of logistics tickets and automated actualization for associated movements
- – Tracking of inventory positions and values across multiple products at multiple locations
- – Streamlined data and calculations of costs
- – Ability to import truck ticket data from T4
Integrated Oil & Gas Risk Management
With risk mitigation as one of its key components, Allegro offers a number of benefits, including:
- – Reliable view of exposures, positions and limits
- – Ability to identify and resolve imbalances
- – Deeper insight into numerous aspects of operations
- – Automated workflows to help reduce the risk of errors
- – Physical, financial and inventory valuations for the deal lifecycle
Integrated Oil & Gas Accounting and Compliance
Accounting and compliance professionals using Allegro will gain benefits such as:
- – Replacement of manual processes with an integrated, automated system
- – Automated settlement for payables and receivables
- – Tracking of transactions and inventories
Built for Integrated Oil & Gas Operations
Allegro's software allows for confident business management when times are calm and for responsiveness when they're less so. In the crude oil and natural gas realm, the environment can change quickly. Allegro will keep you ready. That's because it's a commodity risk management software system designed for the oil and gas markets of today - and in the future. For front, middle and back office teams, Allegro will have you prepared for commercial and operational success.
Our platform has extraordinary flexibility, and it can be deployed either on-site or in the cloud. Once the decision is made on which route to take, integrated oil and gas companies will have the ability to customize and extend the software as needed, owing to its configurability and open architecture. In-house or legacy systems simply can't compare with Allegro's extensibility.
What this means for customers who work with Allegro is they gain the ability to implement new functionality quickly, rather than having to wait on a software upgrade cycle. No matter where you are in the oil and gas enterprise, you'll find numerous benefits when you rely on Allegro for your CTRM needs - that applies to traders, risk managers, logistics managers, accountants and others throughout the company. Let us tell you more today.
"[With] the legacy system we had prior to Allegro, we could not manage all our commodity risk properly. Our emissions and renewables portfolio was in spreadsheets, and a lot of the gas activities was not as detailed as what we have today from a logistics standpoint. We had probably 8 to 10 small, little applications around the core risk management system, and it wasn’t sufficient."
"With increasing complexity in local power and gas markets, shifting regulations and volatile energy trading markets, we needed a strategic partnership to help us support and automate the process related to energy management."
"Before Allegro, we operated primarily on spreadsheets. Using Allegro has really helped us to highlight and pinpoint certain areas where we can do better, for example, credit exposure. If I could describe Allegro, I would say it's scalable and innovative. It moves with our business."