Actively manage demand, drive profits and lower risk
The unfortunate truth for utilities is that traditional tools for energy trading and risk management too often fall well short of what they need. That can be the case for a large, integrated utility as much as it can be for small municipal operators. Either way, this troublesome state opens the door to increased risks and costs.
Are You Ready for the New Age Energy Markets?
Gain insight on how to overcome the top challenges for utilities, IPPs and traders
by downloading "New Age Energy Markets," a report sponsored by Allegro.
The Benefits of Allegro
For utility traders, the benefits of Allegro include:
- – Detailed position management, including visibility into pricing moves
- – Integration with trading platforms, increasing productivity
- – Efficient and accurate trade capture of physical and financial transactions
- – Greater visibility into your business to enable better decisions
Utilities Logistics and Operations
Allegro offers a number of benefits to logistics and operations professionals at both power and gas utilities, including:
- – Usage management for easy capture of historical and actual usage
- – Analysis of data and information throughout the position life cycle
- – Presentation of transactions in real time
Utilities Accounting and Compliance
Accounting and compliance professionals who take advantage of Allegro will see benefits such as:
- – Reduction in financial losses due to inaccurate settlement statements
- – Support for reporting requirements such as those of the Financial Accounting Standards Board’s Accounting Standards Codification, including ASC 820, International Financial Reporting Standards and International Accounting Standards, including IAS 39
- – Control, accuracy, timeliness and security that senior management requires to certify financial reports with confidence
- – Tracking of the complete compliance business process, including reporting status with a comprehensive audit trail
Built for Utilities Professionals
Allegro is a leading commodity risk management platform, built on three-plus decades of experience, and it's been relied upon for years by top utility companies in the U.S., Europe and elsewhere to help manage their operations.
It's not difficult to understand why: Allegro is the innovative, forward-compatible CTRM platform for successful and profitable utility management. Allegro alleviates the gaps that can be created with in-house and built-by-acquisition energy software by serving as a streamlined decision-making tool for power and natural gas utility companies.
No matter which department they're in, utility professionals across the front, middle and back offices will find an array of benefits when they rely on Allegro's commodity software. So speak with us today. Let us tell you about how our energy trading and risk management solution can change your business.
Explore Related Sectors
"[With] the legacy system we had prior to Allegro, we could not manage all our commodity risk properly. Our emissions and renewables portfolio was in spreadsheets, and a lot of the gas activities was not as detailed as what we have today from a logistics standpoint. We had probably 8 to 10 small, little applications around the core risk management system, and it wasn’t sufficient."
"With increasing complexity in local power and gas markets, shifting regulations and volatile energy trading markets, we needed a strategic partnership to help us support and automate the process related to energy management."
"The flexibility of the solution provided by Allegro and the potential for our IT development team to enhance it to suit evolving demands and supplement other business-critical in-house developments made Allegro the right choice for us. Allegro's proven track record, plus the advanced technology, provides us with an effective transaction management system. Considering our ambitions to expand our European footprint, this solution provides us with a strong systemic foundation to further grow our business."