Allegro: Software for the new world of energy
Energy utilities all around the world are coping with considerable changes in how energy is produced, transmitted and ultimately used by the consumer. Business models that have been in place for decades are being upended by new rules and shifts in supply, namely the rising use of natural gas and renewable energy sources.
Are You Ready for the New Age Energy Markets?
Gain insight on how to overcome the top challenges for utilities, IPPs and traders
by downloading "New Age Energy Markets," a report sponsored by Allegro.
The Benefits of Allegro
Integrated Utilities Trading
With Allegro, traders will gain the deal capture, decision-support tools and market insight they need to find profit-making opportunities, expand margins and manage a greater volume of physical and financial deals. Benefits include:
- – Ability to capture trades with unique fields such as Control Area, Blocks and ISO participant information
- – Manage positions throughout life cycle (trade, forecast, plan, tag, loss, schedule and actuals)
- – Flexibility in capturing complex pricing, price formulas and curves
Integrated Utilities Logistics and Operations
Logistics professionals can effectively manage their business, from trade capture to confirmation. Allegro’s benefits include:
- – Support for the European power scheduling processes, including balancing between grids
- – Load shapes, counterparty checkout, actualization, pool balancing, direct and indirect bookouts
- – Ability to create user-defined power products, such as energy, capacity and ancillaries
Integrated Utilities Risk Management
For risk managers, valuation reports provide a view of the full portfolio across all commodities and transaction types, including physical and financial trades. Benefits include:
- – Risk management and valuation data, including integrated credit, market and operations risk
- – Accurate, efficient and comprehensive tracking of physical and financial positions.
- – Mark-to-market calculations, providing the total value of a portfolio
- – Comparisons against correlated value-at-risk limits for rolling time periods
Integrated Utilities Accounting and Compliance
Allegro allows you to validate physical, financial and other information associated with commodity transactions and logistical movements, across trading, contracts, logistics, hedge and net valuation support processes. Benefits include:
- – Tracking of the complete compliance business process, including reporting status with a comprehensive audit trail
- – Automated report preparation for reduced compliance costs and improved efficiency
- – Ability to access data for regulatory compliance reporting, such as FERC Electric Quarterly Report
Built for Integrated Utilities
Using Allegro's commodity risk management software, the entire life cycle of power, from the acquisition of fuels to marketing and trading, can be managed. Physical and financial positions, including fuel, transmission, swaps, options and structured transactions can be captured, providing decision-makers with a comprehensive view of their portfolios. At the same time, updated profit-and-loss statements, volumes, risk metrics, exposures and other key indicators can be tracked.
Allegro has broad functional capabilities, and one of the platform's hallmarks is its flexibility. Even though it's a powerful solution right out of the box, Allegro can be extended as needed by individual customers, without having to wait on an upgrade cycle. Also, it can be deployed on-site or in the cloud. In other words, you decide what suits you.
From generation through consumption, integrated utilities and their front, middle and back office teams can turn to Allegro's trading and risk management software and count on it to make their jobs simpler. The benefits, when they do, will be realized throughout the organization and across teams. Let's talk today about how Allegro can change your business.
Explore Related Sectors
"With increasing complexity in local power and gas markets, shifting regulations and volatile energy trading markets, we needed a strategic partnership to help us support and automate the process related to energy management."
"The flexibility of the solution provided by Allegro and the potential for our IT development team to enhance it to suit evolving demands and supplement other business-critical in-house developments made Allegro the right choice for us. Allegro's proven track record, plus the advanced technology, provides us with an effective transaction management system. Considering our ambitions to expand our European footprint, this solution provides us with a strong systemic foundation to further grow our business."
"[With] the legacy system we had prior to Allegro, we could not manage all our commodity risk properly. Our emissions and renewables portfolio was in spreadsheets, and a lot of the gas activities was not as detailed as what we have today from a logistics standpoint. We had probably 8 to 10 small, little applications around the core risk management system, and it wasn’t sufficient."