Our History & Mission
Innovators in commodity management software for more than 30 years.
Allegro was founded in 1984, and the company’s overarching goal remains the same now as it was then: To provide commodity professionals with the ability to manage positions, optimize their portfolios, mitigate their risk, and drive additional profit potential.
Today, Allegro is a leading provider of commodity management software for power and gas utilities; oil and gas producers, marketers and traders of power, gas, crude oil, refined products and agricultural products; refiners and large consumers of energy commodities. With more than 30 years of expertise, Allegro’s software provides the global intelligence that companies need in order to oversee physical and financial positions and to optimize their assets and portfolios using tools that quantify and mitigate risks.
Allegro’s software is built with the knowledge that our customers have several key areas on which they need to focus: Commodity trading, risk management, physical logistics, regulatory compliance and accounting. Our mission is to assist the top companies worldwide improve their results by maximizing the value of their commodities, from the ground to the point of consumption. Our customers benefit from the Allegro Experience:
- Product Innovation: Continuous development of foundations and features
- Customer Experience: Internal and external advocates for customer needs and best practices
- Partner Ecosystem: Large group of specialists, generalists and development partners
- Domain Expertise: Deep bench of experts in each domain and business process
- Business Alignment: Built for your business, meaning value delivered without requiring customization
Headquartered in Dallas, Allegro has offices in Houston, London, Zurich, Singapore, Calgary, Dubai and Jakarta, along with a global network of partners.